|Project by CDP-P&D Government of Sindh
NDF launched the project for persons with disabilities under title Community Based Rehabilitation Children with Disabilities in District Shaheed Benazir Abad in collaboration of Community Development Programme (CDP) of Planning & Development (P&D) Department, Government of Sindh, Pakistan to be focused on prevention, Detection, Intervention, Counseling, Genetic Counseling, Family Guidance and Assistive Technology.
People with disabilities are equal partner of society but still society has not accepted these people. Persons with disabilities are deprived of their basic rights, right to education, right to live, right to communicate, right to earn livelihood in dignified manner especially in rural areas. Persons with disabilities have lack of access to skill development & education so that they are wandering here and there. Lack of any skill leads to poverty, there is dire need to develop their skills to make them useful citizens of society.
· Comprehensive base line survey of children with disabilities
· Diagnose the causes of disabilities
· Formation of self –help care groups of parents
· Training of trainers
· Self Help Care training of all groups including children with disabilities
· Provision of Assistive Devices
· Medical treatment of children with disabilities
· Follow up sessions
· Design & disseminate IEC material among surrounding people
· Monitoring of project activities