Project by US Embassy in partnership of PUAN in District Shaheed Benazir Abad
(Period: 01st February 2015 – 30th April 2015)
NDF launched the project “Career Counseling Workshops for Disabled Youth” with PUAN member Ms. Anna Iqbal Bhatti under ASG (Alumni Small Grants) supported by US EMBASSY in partnership with the Pakistan US.
Persons with Disabilities are not self sufficient to make choices of their career. I intend to develop their capacities of 60 persons with disabilities in terms of career counseling that they may be able to do work & support to the society as contributor. Persons with disabilities have potential to work but they need specific training & guidance to follow. I propose 01 day career counseling workshops in 03 tiers, to cover up 60 persons with disabilities as beneficiaries. In this way we will continue till 03 weeks on different dates to organize workshops.
- Gain awareness and knowledge of self by assessing interests, abilities/ transferable skills, values, and personality as they relate to career choices
- Explore and integrate gender, sexual orientation, socio economic status, ethnicity, spirituality, culture, disabilities, and/or social/familial influences into career choices
- Explore life styles, sense of meaning, and contributions to society
- Conducting career assessment
- Training on CV making & applying for the jobs
- Sessions for Career Counseling
- Group Work
- Disability Certificate issuance training
- CV making & job market access
- Certificate Distribution
60 persons with disabilities were trained by 03 workshops
60 persons were enabled & linked with Job market & enabled to find career as per choice