Project by Handicap International (HI), Pakistan in Jati, Sujjawal
(Period: 15th Feb 2016-15th March 2016)
NDF launched the project for persons with disabilities under title Inclusive Community Assessment in Jati, District Sujjawal in collaboration of Handicap International (HI) to be focused on increasing Community Resilience to Natural Hazards by Reducing Vulnerabilities to Risk.
Handicap International (HI) Pakistan is implementing a project on Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (IDRR) with its implementing partner Pakistan Fisher Folk Forum (PFF) in the Union Council Karmalik, Taluka Jaati of newly formed Sujawal District in Sindh. In order to make the assessment inclusive it was decided to let it be implemented by the community, with a wide range of stakeholders.
- To implement the data collection following the ToR and submitted implementation plan
- Ensure the participation of all community members in the assessment, especially children, women, older persons and persons with different types disabilities
- Questionnaire for each village member
- Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) with stakeholders and service providers
- Physical service audit of available services
- Focused Group Discussion (FGDs) with adults
- FGDs with older children
- Art Activities with younger children
- Specific needs of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in relation to the objectives of the Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (IDRR) project
- Mapping of the barriers and facilitators persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups face in their communities
- Solutions that person with disabilities, service providers, government authorities and other community stakeholders are suggesting to overcome on these barriers and/or use the identified facilitators to meet the needs of vulnerable population of the project area.
- Recommendation of implementable inclusive activities to increase inclusiveness of the community and achieve change after the assessment (related to DRR and livelihood)