Project by SPO & UNICEF in District Shaheed Benazir Abad
(Period: 01st September 2011 – 31st March 2012)
NDF launched the project “Temporary Learning Centers (TLCs)” in collaboration of SPO & UNICEF during flood 2011 in District Shaheed Benazir Abad.
During the project reporting time 15 TLCs were established in Taluka Kazi Ahmed District Shaheed Benazir Abad.
- To provide learning & reading space of flood hit children
- To reduce trauma among children of flood hit areas
- To provide Sports Kits, Learning Kits & Story Books to children for their engagement in TLCs
- To establish Temporary Learning Centers in Tents at flood hit areas to offer space to children engagement
- Parents engagement to enroll their children at TLCs
- Youth engagement as Teachers & Volunteers to reduce trauma & stress of flood among children of flood hit areas.
The 1600 children were engaged in the learning & reading during 06 months period.
The 50 Youth were engaged as Teachers & Volunteers to complete the assignment
The 1600 enrollment of children & Stuff material of TLCS were handed over to nearby Government Primary Schools.